LFT is a long fiber reinforced thermoplastic material, […]
LFT is a long fiber reinforced thermoplastic material, which is Long fiber thermoplastic in English. It belongs to a thermoplastic, which is compared with ordinary fiber reinforced thermoplastic materials. Typically, fiber reinforced thermoplastics have fiber lengths of less than 1 mm, while in LFT the fibers are typically greater than 2 mm in length. Current processing technologies have been able to maintain fiber lengths above 5mm in LFT. The most widely used matrix resin is PP, followed by PA, and some resins such as PBT, PPS and SAN are also used. LFT-D molding technology is widely used in various industrial and civil fields, such as automobile manufacturing, machinery, construction, sports and entertainment, electrical and electronic, logistics and horticulture.
LFT molding is made by pressing tablets in a mold. In the compression molding process, the molten LFT charge is placed into a mold, compression molded and cooled under high pressure. Short cycle times and scrap recycling enable efficient part manufacture and are therefore cost-effective.
Compared to injection molding of short fiber reinforced thermoplastics, fiber damage during plasticization and compression molding is low, so average fiber lengths are maintained at lengths greater than 4 mm, and high part mechanical properties are guaranteed. Therefore, compression molding of LFT is used for the production of large-area and ribbed parts.
The technical performance of LFT has the following advantages:
1. Harmless and odorless, it can improve the working environment.
2. Light weight, density is only 1~1.2g/cm3.
3. Scrap and waste products can be recycled to reduce waste.
4. The strength is higher than SMC, and the impact toughness is particularly excellent.
5. Corrosion resistance and better electrical properties.
6. The product pressing speed is several times that of SMC, and the production efficiency is greatly improved.